In the first SnappSession we chat with Margaret, our Lead Community Support! Besides encouraging the SnappCar team to bring a smile on the faces of our SnappCar community members every day, Margaret is also a complete health addict. Check out how she manages to keep a sharp mind and positive attitude.
At first, they’ll ask you why you’re doing it. Later, they’ll ask you how you did it. – Anonymous
When Margaret started working at SnappCar, she knew from the beginning it would be a hell of a ride: “Back then, SnappCar was just about to expand to Sweden and Denmark. This was a big challenge for me and the whole Community Support team, because we now needed to deliver great service across three countries, instead of one, and we suddenly needed to manage an international team.”
To stay balanced during her busy workweek, Margaret decided to go for a healthy lifestyle: A combination of a well balanced vegan diet and Pilates trainings, which she offers to the whole SnappCar team on a weekly basis.
On this Halloween Monday, she wants to share with you her favourite healthy pumpkin soup recipe:
This aromatic & creamy soup is perfect for coconut lovers! The sweetness of the pumpkin is yet another reason to try it! If you fancy the kick of some additional herbs or spices, try adding ginger or cinnamon for warming sensation. Perfect for an autumn’s evening!
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g pumpkin, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ginger (fresh), cinnamon (stick) or cardamon
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Fry the pumpkin in olive oil while the kettle boils, then pour boiling water into the pan so that it covers the pumpkin. (You can also add some spices: cardamon or ginger.)
- Simmer until the pumpkin begins to soften, then add half the can of coconut milk.
- When the pumpkin is completely soft, add the orange juice and blend the soup.
- Now add water or more coconut milk, depending on your taste.
- Serve with fresh coriander on top and enjoy Margaret’s favourite soup!
Loved this? Find more delicious recipes in Margaret’s cooking book!
Do you also wanna join our amazing SnappCar team? Check our career page for our current job openings.